Monday, April 12, 2010

"I Like To Look For Rainbows, Whenever There Is Rain"

Anybody that lives in the central valley knows how crazy the weather was today! I was driving Eric and my mom to the airport this afternoon and it was pouring so hard it was really difficult to see even though the windshield wipers were going their fastest! The lightning kept flashing and then thunder followed a second later. On the way home the streets were flooded and it was even hailing. I love the rain and I do wish it rained more often. Once I got home there was an amazing rainbow outside. There were two rainbows but you can't see the second one really well. (It's above the other one). So here are some pictures that I think turned out pretty well considering I don't have an expensive camera.


Our backyard was flooded








4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Those rainbows are awesome! I saw a smidgen of one rainbow on my drive home, but nothing like those. I could hear the thunder while I was working. When I used the bathroom at work the lights went out. It was pitch black in there. I'm glad I didn't do anything embarrassing like let out a scream. My student informed me that had the door been electric, I would have gotten stuck in the bathroom. The power came back on quickly, but still. Good thing it was a regular ol' door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! And yet I'm glad I wasn't caught in that weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rainbows when they make a complete arch like that. I never knew they existed until I moved away from Southern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!(Didn't even notice that I'd used the same word as Molly until I was ready to post) How often do you get to see a rainbow much less two? Pretty crazy weather. I'm glad our plane was delayed 2 hours for a totally unrelated reason! ;)

    ReplyDelete